I spent 2009 planning and scheming and writing and talking and thinking. Lots of thinking!
This was all good stuff to do, in addition to the freelance work I had. But I did very little MAKING of STUFF!
I made a zine of some of my old articles and prose writing and took it to the National Young Writers Festival.
But that’s all I made, and it’s not enough.
So 2010 will be a “making” year. I’m having a lot of trouble deciding what to spend time making. Some are things which I hope will move me closer to getting the Precinct animated series happening, and some are just things I’ve had “on the shelf” for years.
Here’s my list so far:
- Series of one minute Precinct shorts introducing the characters
- Precinct-themed video for new John Farnham song
- Precinct drawings for survey winners
- Printed collection of that weekly thing I have nothing to do with – coming along
- John Howard’s Knees (short musical cartoon) – written
- Gay Cannibal Grand Final (very nasty Up There Cazaly parody) – mostly written
- Herman, the Legal Labrador children’s book story
- Revised Precinct pitch/bible/promo (good idea, but NOT A REAL THING!)
- Herman kids series pitch/bible/promo (again, this is PLANNING, not a REAL THING)
- The Precinct: Playing To Win – mostly boarded
- Make Love To The Trees (short musical cartoon) – song recorded
- New Mr Flig animation – partially written
- “Animation collective”?
- Precinct/Herman-themed online choose-your-own-adventure – started
- POWAAA! – DONE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEdtcGWOPd0
- Animation based on that weekly thing I have nothing to do with
- Ask Dillon what happened with that other thing
- Cat vs. Mouse
- Live performance of CYOA story
- Keep making animatics (worthwhile?)
- Keep writing Precinct episode scripts
- Precinct avatar creator app
I’m going to try to do/finish many of those things this year!
I will need assistance with some of them, so my apologies if I come and bug you and ask for your help or advice; it’s only because
- I think you’re great
- I’m MAKING STUFF this year and nothing is going to stop me, least of all my own shyness/slackarsedness